PDA

View Full Version : Fav moments in books or fav books . . .

MissIndependent
07-06-08, 15:14
now come one people lets not be shy :)

does anyone have a favourite book? or a fav moment in a book?
i really like the book 'I Capture The Castle ' By Dodie Smith but its not my fav..

I know this sounds sad but a nice moment in harry potter (:o :blushing: :embarasse ) is In book 5 near the end and Dumbledore and Harry have just finished talking about you know who and his scar and then dumbldore goes:

'i feel i owe you another explanation harry,' said dumbledore hesitantly. ' You may perhaps have wondered why i never chose you as a prefect? i must confess...that i rather thought...you had enough responsibility to be getting on with.'
Harry looked up at him and saw a tear trickling down dumbledores face into his long silver beard.

very sad but i love it!

another is in the book 'The Choice' its about a lady that has cancer three times and she beats it by changing her lifestyle.
' one of the best moments in my life was when i was dancing with my husband at his sisters wedding and my son now 18 years old in a suite looking so handsome cuts and asks if he could have this dance with me.' it was a lovely feeling.

there you have it ... there are much more which i will post later

also JKRowling admitted that Dumbledore was gay!

The question was: Did Dumbledore, who believed in the prevailing power of love, ever fall in love himself?

JKR: My truthful answer to you... I always thought of Dumbledore as gay. [ovation.] ... Dumbledore fell in love with Grindelwald, and that that added to his horror when Grindelwald showed himself to be what he was. To an extent, do we say it excused Dumbledore a little more because falling in love can blind us to an extent? But, he met someone as brilliant as he was, and rather like Bellatrix he was very drawn to this brilliant person, and horribly, terribly let down by him. Yeah, that's how i always saw Dumbledore. In fact, recently I was in a script read through for the sixth film, and they had Dumbledore saying a line to Harry early in the script saying I knew a girl once, whose hair... [laughter]. I had to write a little note in the margin and slide it along to the scriptwriter, "Dumbledore's gay!" [laughter] "If I'd known it would make you so happy, I would have announced it years ago!"

Jo also said after revelation: "You needed something to keep you going for the next 10 years! ...Oh, my god, the fan fiction now, eh?"

Jo also revealed that Neville Longbottom married Hufflepuff Hannah Abbott and she was to become the landlady at the iconic Leaky Cauldron Pub. She thought that people would find the fact of Neville's living over a pub particularly cool.

Did Neville ever find love?

Of course. ... To make him extra cool he marries the woman who becomes, eventually, the new landlady at The Leaky Cauldron, which I think would make him very cool among the students, that he lives above the pub. He marries Hannah Abbott.

MissIndependent
09-06-08, 18:37
so your telling me no one reads ?

besaan99
09-09-08, 20:52
i read some books but they are not english